Share | 

DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jeryn
level 4
level 4

PostSubject: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:18 pm

We present the L'7 ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ documentary DVD - part 1.
And we hope you enjoy watching it.

salute

Ah... I just noticed... we're 2 years old now *___* What a nice release to celebrate this!

This release will only be available with "softsubs".
These softsubs are different from our usual ones. Some of you may already know the format, but here's how to watch them:

First of all, you have to download the subtitle script. You can choose the language you want. We provide 8 different ones: English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish.

Second, you need the video. It should be a rip from the dvd, preferably in -.avi format, without subtitles (raw). The lenght for Disk 1 is 01:11:30. Make sure your video has the same lenght! File size doesn't matter.
A good raw version can be found here for example.
This livejournal entry is locked. You have to be a member of the community, and livejournal, to see the contents. We will not be providing a video. Read why in my second post.

Third step: put both, the video and the subtitle script in one folder on your computer. Then give both files the exact same name!! This is very important, as even a tiny difference will cause the subtitles to not appear.
Like this:

You can change the filename of the subtitle script, but please keep the [S'Ub-en-Ciel] tag.
Sorry for the German menu >__<

Edit: You may also need to download the fonts, to have the subtitles displayed properly. The link for the fonts is underneath the language choice.

Finally, start the video - preferably with Windows Media Player Classic. The subtitles should appear automatically. VideoLan (VLC media player) will not work properly! Subtitles may overlap or not fit with the video screen.

It should then look like this:

If you're using a Mac, you can either download the VLC player, but be reminded that the subtitles may overlap. Or you can download Perian to use with Quicktime. I only read this information somewhere, so I can't give you further details. But I read that the second version works best.

If the subtitles don't appear, try downloading VobSub here or the K-Lite Codec Pack here. You may need it to view the subtitles. I would suggest the K-Lite Codec Pack, as VobSub is usually included, as well as the Windows Media Player Classic.

If you're still having problems viewing the video with subtitles, ask us and we might help you!

Last edited by jeryn on Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:39 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4

PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:05 pm

I decided to put the following information in a second post:

Why do we only release softsubs?
The L'7 Documentary DVD is an official release and we want to avoid legal matters with uploading and sharing a rip of the DVD.
And we also want you to support the band by buying their official releases. You can still make your own rip of your DVD, as a backup copy.

What exactly is this subtitle script?
The script we used is an Aegisub (-.ass) subtitle script. You don't need the program to watch the subtitles with the video, like explained in my previous post.

PLEASE do not alter the scripts and translations without our consent! If you want to translate the DVD into a language different then the ones we provided, please ask us first!!

About our translation:
DON'T upload to streaming sites!!! You may choose to make your own hardsubbed version - if you know how - but we don't want to see it uploaded somewhere.

Now, credits!!
Translation from Japanese to English by the lovely A. Thank you sooo much!
English correction by lilytook! Thanks for doing this in a hurry ^^
Timing and typesetting by steffibj. You had some great endurance there!

English to French translation by Angelpick,
~ to German by steffibj and jeryn,
~ to Indonesian by hydemyself,
~ to Italian by Asuka,
~ to Portuguese by Nasake,
~ to Spanish by hikari69,
~ to Swedish by tsukikei.
Also thanks to all of you!

And once again, enjoy watching!!
And be sure to come back for the second disk, which will follow in due time. v

feminegyps
level 0
level 0

PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:58 pm

Wow, I am really thankful for this.
You guys are awesome.

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hikari69
level 2
level 2

PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:42 pm

hey! grettings all
finaly it's out ne~ great job all the team!!!

I'm just here to say that maybe it would be a good idea to provide also the fonts, because the position thing was made in order to work with the fonts steffi used in the original english script

*so far I can't find the download link
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.n-n-f.tk
jeryn
level 4
level 4

PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:34 pm

@ hikari:
Yep, finally it's out... phuuu ^^b

We added a link for the fonts on the filepage.
Thanks for the hint.

As to the download link. If you don't see the link in the update box, refresh the page - but I guess you know that.
On the filepage itself, you have to right-click on your language, like it's described there.

Hope that solves your problem....

Last edited by jeryn on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla

PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:54 pm

the fonts are also available ^^v
when i came back home micha called thomas about the fonts and thomas added them fastly.

you can get the fonts by clicking on fonts underneath the sub files.

you need the fonts to display the subs in a proper way.

waiting for comments ...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tsuki_626
level 0
level 0

PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:52 am

i haven't ever posted anything in this forum before. i usually make a comment when notice of a new S'Ub is posted in lj. this time i have to say thanks here. i'm half-way through watching the Documentary and it's excellent. and i had no problems either. just followed the instructions and helpful tips. you guys have outdone yourselves with this. thanks so much for all that you all do. salute

oops, i guess i did post something once. baka
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hydemyself
level 0
level 0

PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:31 pm

I'm superexcited. This made my day. I'll have something to do this weekend then ^___^v

Thx for uploading~
I didn't think that it'll be released this fast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yambasket
level 0
level 0

PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:08 pm

Thanks for all the hard work subbing!

I know this is not a 'thank you' thread, so I'm posting to say that its a really great idea to release the soft subs seperately from the main DVD.

I agree with the need for keeping on the right side of the law. and its true quite a few fans will/have the DVD so there's no need to dl 5gb just for the subs. So I like and respect your stand on this!

I also echo the previous post - great work in communicating how to use the subs. you are pampering us!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
digitallemon
level 0
level 0

PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:04 am

First of all, thank you for all of the hard work that you've put into this sub. Smile

Second, I have VLC Player and didn't change the subtitle's file name. However, everything works perfectly and I had no trouble setting everything up. There were no subtitles overlapping or any other issues that were mentioned in the first post. I guess it depends on the computer that one is using.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4

PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:00 pm

@ digitallemon: You're welcome ^^

Ah so it worked for you. That's great!!
We had people try everything out with VLC and there were overlapping subtitles and other little things. So I added that point to the description.
But it's great hearing that it worked anyway cheers

I might just change my text to "it will probably not work with VLC" hehe.
Thanks for telling!!

digitallemon
level 0
level 0

PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:33 am

No problem!

Well, I just finished watching the video today and there were only two points in the video where the subs overlapped for me. Like, a sub from the previous line lingered while the sub from the current line appeared on the screen at the same time, so they kinda clashed. It lasted for less than 10 seconds on both instances though. It wasn't on the whole video, if that's what you mean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4

PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:31 pm

Yeah, that was one of the things one of our (english to ~) translators told me while checking her version.
But if it's only on two instances, then it should be bearable, ne~

Hope you had a great time watching ^^

~koalaruku~
level 0
level 0

PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:25 pm

Really thank you guys!!!! salute
Back to top Go down
View user profile
adrian_syah
level 0
level 0

PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:41 am

where download link????????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4

PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:29 am

@ adrian_syah: no download link for the video. Only for the subtitle scipts here.
You have to look for the video yourself. Sorry >__<

laruku
level 0
level 0

PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:39 pm

help i can't see the subtitles. all i can see is the big subtitles like in your example January 2008, tokyo pls help i downloaded all the things you post. and btw where do you put the fonts after you downloaded it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4

PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:54 am

@ laruku
So you can see subtitles, but they are not displayed correctly, right?

Where to install the fonts, I can only tell you for Windows, don't know for Apple.
You have to go to the "control panel" (or system control) of you computer, where things like mouse and keyboard and firewall (and tons of others) can be controlled. And there should be a file/icon for fonts. Copy (rightclick and copy) the fonts you downloaded and paste (insert - also, rightclick and paste) them in the file that opens when you click on the fonts file. That should work.

Other things we might consider.
Did you also download the codec pack? Or did you have one before?
And with what player are you watching.

REFICUL
level 0
level 0

PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:37 pm

I like tis way ^^
bc i have all dvd so i don't want to dl again.

Thank you so much ^^

and

Backstage Theater of Kiss
Making of SMILE
Backstage Are you ready?
VAMPS Docu

i want soft-sub file like this too ^^

sorry, for my bad-english =_=
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla

PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:59 pm

Backstage Theater of Kiss > Translated > Timing set > Typesetting in process
Making of SMILE > Translated, but there are some missed lines which have to be filled out
Backstage Are you ready?
VAMPS Docu

The last two are translated but I need to finish the L'Anniversary Disc 2 before I go for another big thing.

Hope that helped you. ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brutallin
level 0
level 0

PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:26 pm

omg. guys where is the link to download the subs? U_U
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla

PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:11 pm

just click on the language, you want to download
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zulhamferdy
level 0
level 0

PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:50 pm

where is download link??? i can't find....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla

PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:11 pm

just click on the language you want to download. then you will be able to download the subtitle script.

there is no download link for any video file because it is an offical release and we want to support L'Arc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
haha-sama
level 0
level 0

PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:06 pm

sorry i still can't find download link...baka

*when disk2 finish subbing? anyway, thks for your hard work subbing this tong
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1   

Back to top Go down

DOCUMENTARY FILMS ~Trans ASIA via PARIS~ Disk 1
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next