Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

reading random Empty
PostSubject: reading random   reading random Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 6:07 pm

I guess a lot of people are reading books/manga so i ve thought of opening this thread because we already have a movie/series random talk which is going well and im a big fan of reading.

this thread has the same purpose as the movie/series thread which was posted by my dear morgana. --> s discussing and talking about books..

i hope we all will enjoy it.

so here we go:

im a big fan of a lot of books and especially manga!!! XD i possess about 1100... that's why they call me freaky XD

the last thing i have read was tenjo tenge vol 16... ah it was great!!!however, i have admit that the series gets confusing in many things but it can be because the last volume was released in january. i really have to read all volumes again and catch up the content...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hychekade
level 1
level 1
Hychekade

reading random Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 6:32 pm

1100 mangas? affraid
i feel so....... poor!! yes!! that the word! jaja i have... 7 mangas!! jajajaa
the last i read was Death Note 3!!
The manga it's the same as the anime!!! exactly the same!!!
Everyone say to me: why do you buy it?? you have it on your computer and you all ready saw the anime!!
but you know something: I DON'T CARE!!! i like L to much that i have to buy the manga, Plus!! it's no the same read the manga in the computer than have it on your hands! smelling the paper!!!
you most know about that stephie Surprised
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/hychekade
steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

reading random Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 6:49 pm

yeah i know that...

to be honest i love to have the book/manga itself. im not such a fan of scanlations. the translators are doing a great job but i dunno reading on the pc is not very comfortable...

i also have Death note and it is a great series. I know that the anime is NEARLY the same as the Manga but the story is so great that I'm watching the anime and reading the manga. The ending isnt the same either... so you really should read it XD I'm also a fan of L. but i also like NEAR... mello is too freaky from my point of view but i like the part he plays for the "catching" of kira. i have never been expecting this.... also the madness of kira/light is very cool...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hychekade
level 1
level 1
Hychekade

reading random Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 6:55 pm

near is weird too!!!
he is so smart!
and he have white hair!!!
that's weird...
how old is he? 75??

jajaja i think mello looks like willy wonka.....

i waaaaant more mangas!!! i neeeed money Y_Y
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/hychekade
steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

reading random Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 7:16 pm

i want more to but only horrible mangas get released T___T
the market get flooded with shonen ai!!! i hate shonen ai so much dont ask me why but i cannot stand it. the stories are horrible and they are mostly bad drawn T__T

I love Near he is so cool. now that you mention it... melllo really looks like willy wonka XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4
jeryn

reading random Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 8:34 pm

well...... I always thought of Near as weird... I don't like hime...
I have to admit, my favorite was Light - all the way through Laughing

@ steffi... gosh, that's an extensive collection you got...
I love manga too, but you're right, there are no good releases right now.

But anyway, I have to spend my money for books for university T_T
and I have to buy a lot..... but I simply love the smell of new books ^O^
Friends have told me it's weird, to smell a book........ but I have to do it, open it and take a deep breath.
Right now I'm going through my Hemingway collection. It's not as exciting as manga - I know - but I love his style of writing.
And if I'm through with the next Hemingway, I'll read Cortázar's Rayuela Razz

steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

reading random Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 9:47 pm

near isnt weird... I liked the japanese voice of near Embarassed

there was a time when i was buying nearly every new series but i guess this time will never come back. *thinking on the shonen ai stories*

im reading harry potter 7, scar night, victim right now. it depends on my mood... T___T but i really have to read some books to the end soon...

hemmingway is way better than shakespaer i dunno i dont like his writing style....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4
jeryn

reading random Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 2:42 pm

.... well...... I like Shakespeare..... *hides*
I think he used a wonderful language - if you try to read it more closely, you'll be amazed by what he has written.
just think of my favorite sentence of Hamlet "But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue."
shy I simply love it.....
sure, I might be influenced by my studies. If I wouldn't like Shakespeare, I'd have a serious problem Laughing .... considering that I just wrote a paper about Hamlet >_>

to Harry Potter - is it better to read that in English? because I once took a glimpse through the 5th book - in German - and I somehow liked the style... couldn't stop reading for like 10 pages Rolling Eyes

something I forgot to write last time... my favorite books so far are by Paulo Coelho. I got nearly everything he has written, and it's soooo good Razz no matter if I read it in English or German.

steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

reading random Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 3:49 pm

i like the english potter books more... the cover looks better (but only the adult version one) and it is better to read... but it is only my opinion...
in general i like the english version of a book most... i dunno in german something is missing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4
jeryn

reading random Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 2:51 pm

I also prefer English versions of books.
But have you tried reading a Spanish book (you understand Spanish ne?), it is something totally different, it feels different Wink

What is also interesting for me is to see the translations of English books. I once read a book in German, and then in English (>_> can't remember which it was), and English was so much more easy to understand.
hahaha.... I just love that language love

Next thing I'm going to read is Rayuela, but in German, since it is so thick, and I have only like 1 week time....... It's a book where you don't read in chronological order. Means that after chapter 6 comes 23 and then 14 or so....... seems to be interesting Razz at least I hope so.

steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

reading random Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 2:21 pm

i finished harry potter 7 awhile ago... i dont know the end of voldemort was a lot like "i want to finish this book"... sorry when i understood it wrong...

right now im reading chris mooney's the missing. it is fantastic!!!!
great story and of course i like the writing style *___*
only 40 sites are missing to finish this book and then i have to read this other book until the end...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4
jeryn

reading random Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 9:20 pm

ah... I haven't told you about the fairy tales I was reading lately.... Andalusian fairy tales.

they were quite interesting, good to read, but unusual.......... from fairytales you're expecting a happy ending, ne - well most of these ended with unhappy, lonely, sad characters, the prince did not get the princess XD

and quite obvious was the tone against Christianity, since most of the tales were from those time were Andalusia was still Islamic (which was until 1492 btw...... just showing off my knowledge gained in my studies ^^)

steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

reading random Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 9:23 pm

interested... do i have to order it from somewhere or is it available in every bookstore??? is the german title the same???

maybe i should buy the english version
question

im reading scar night until the end now... i hope i can read a better book after that.... T___T there is no movement on the last 150 pages... im simply bored. the whole book begun so amazing but now... T__T
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4
jeryn

reading random Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 9:43 pm

do you mean Rayuela or the fairy tales??? question XD

well if you mean Rayuela - that's the original Spanish title. In English it is Hopscotch, and in German Rayuela: Himmel und Hölle
you can easily order it via amazon.

but I tell you it is quite confusing. Only the first 56 chapters are concerned with the actual story - the rest ( until chapter 155) is... well those are anecdotes, quotes, thoughts, newspaper reports.... etc. Sometimes they build a contrast to the chapter you read before, sometimes they help you understand things you will read in further chapters...... You really have to think why he (Cortázar) leads the reader to that chapter.

(the fairytales I got in a restseller store - but I think you mean the other one ^^*)

steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

reading random Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 1:36 pm

salute i finished this book... im so happy that finally it is over but a lot of questions are still not solved...as it seems i have to read the second one too... i hope that it will be better as the first one...

right now im reading Shattered Icon by Bill Napier and it is a good book. However, Im at page 54 so it can change soon. (Scar Night was like that, too)
But i really dont hope so T__T

Actually i dont like such books but the story sounded interesting (and it is). In my opinion it is hard to find new books which are really good and have their own style. Right now the market gets flooded by Dan-Brown-wannabes and it bores me like hell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ophellia
level 2
level 2
Ophellia

reading random Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 9:43 am

steffibj wrote:
In my opinion it is hard to find new books which are really good and have their own style. Right now the market gets flooded by Dan-Brown-wannabes and it bores me like hell.

OMG>... I totally agree with you. Ever since that DaVinci's code came out, there are like tons of fictions on Knights of templar and holy grails. These topics just became soo hacknayed that it's soo hard to find a good historical fiction nowadays. What's also soo sad about is that not many of the writers are as skilled and engaging as Dan Brown in story telling. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of Dan Brown's books. Angels and Demons is the only book that's worth praising. But he is good at telling stories, and keeping the reader engaged until the story ends.

I just finished reading "The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova. Omg.. The book is just soo good XD I recommand it to anybody who likes a good/polished historical fantasy/vampire lores. Very Happy

I'm gonna start reading "Ghostwalk" by Rebecca Scott. I heard awesome reviews on it so, hoping it would be a good read.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suzume-No-Kumo
Webmaster
Webmaster
Suzume-No-Kumo

reading random Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 10:55 am

I read a lot of books of Dan brown, he is a good Author
the problem is I read Digital Fortress and this one is as you may know about computer and codes

he made many mistakes and the whole stuff was exaggerated baka
hope there is more thruth in the other ones

at the moment I'm reading Harry Potter 7 the second time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4
jeryn

reading random Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 11:20 am

salute I've finished reading my 650 pages book yesterday........ in less than one week... I'm so happy it's over now - well kind of... still have to write the paper about it Crying or Very sad

and now I have the same problem as always... what to read next.
Think I'll choose something for me this time, not for uni.... And the one in my hands right now is called "Oceano Mare - Das Märchen vom Wesen des Meeres" (a tale about the nature of the sea) - sounds interesting. ^^

XD seems like I'm reading a lot of tales right now.....

Ophellia
level 2
level 2
Ophellia

reading random Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 6:11 pm

Suzume-No-Kumo wrote:
I read a lot of books of Dan brown, he is a good Author
the problem is I read Digital Fortress and this one is as you may know about computer and codes

he made many mistakes and the whole stuff was exaggerated baka
hope there is more thruth in the other ones

I dont know much about the computer and stuff so, I can't say anything about it. My sister in law, who is the programmer read it and said the same thing as you. She hates that boook. I, however, dont like that book for different reasons. I just think that the plot itself is weak and the portrayal of some character, especially the heroeine and her bf, is absolutely unrealistic. If I were to rant about that book, 10 pages wont be sufficient.

I am done reading harry potter. I have like mix feelings about it. I'm happy that all the puzzles are solved and everything comes together. But does anybody else think that the whole harry potter serie is kind of money making process. I mean total of 7 books is not necessary. It seems to me that the author just stretched it as much as she can to prolong the storyline. Nothing really much happened in the Order of the phoenix and in the half blood prince. Ofcourse they are all enjoyable to read but I just think that the story is stretched too much. We just find out about almost everything in the last book and it makes the ealier books seem unsignificant. I still like the serie though XD This is just my thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suzume-No-Kumo
Webmaster
Webmaster
Suzume-No-Kumo

reading random Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 12:13 pm

so I'm not the only one complaining about Digital Fortress Laughing

Harry Potter was really a bit streched end the end was a bit to short.
at least Harry could have had a longer fight with Voldemort

also there are a few Information missing in the End
I would like to know what Harry is working at in the Future

but nevertheless its a great work
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

reading random Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 12:15 pm

i also think that digital fortress was one of Dan Brwon's weakest books...the plot, the characters, the relationships didnt work out well...
im not so good in codes and such things like programming. but i believe what you are saying. nobody has to be perfect but to tell the world that he doesnt understand much of those things in writing a book is a bit too much... and not really understandable.

to harry potter..yupp!!!!! for me the prisoner of askaban and the order of phoenix were stretching everything to an unordinary length. The whole plot of both of them could have been told in 100 pages. but rowling really is an amazing story teller so we will forgive her reading random 354265
but i didnt like the ed of voldi... you have to think about it how stupid it is. they were fighting for whole 7 volumes against voldemort (more his plans) and the great final fight was ...soo weird. i expected more of the great voldemort. for me he could have died in a more handsome way. maybe hyde can show him how to do it (puffy 1998 paraody)reading random 354265
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4
jeryn

reading random Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 6:46 pm

now you've really made me curious with your talking about Harry Potter ..... how's the series gonna end...... would someone tell me of the fight?? reading random 383466
because I have absolutely no time for reading Potter myself.

Suzume-No-Kumo
Webmaster
Webmaster
Suzume-No-Kumo

reading random Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 10:50 am

you will have to take the time, its no fun otherwise tong

i know now you look like that sad

Back to topic:
I stopped reading Potter for a while because I found the book "Cloud of Sparrows" from Takashi Matsuoka in like the hundrets bookshop in London I went to

everybody who would like to know why I read this book should try to translate my nickname in to english wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4
jeryn

reading random Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 11:04 am

XD... there are other ways to get the information, ne~

just wanted to share my new reading - it's a rather old book by Nick Hornby: "High fidelity"
does anyone know the book, or the movie??
well... it's just so funny to read it.... to read what's going on in a guys mind concerning women reading random 354265
I can't stop reading it, after two days I've read 250 of the 310 pages..... Rolling Eyes

steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

reading random Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 11:52 am

my book is turning into a flop T__T

it was so good to read first and it is still like that > BUT now it all turned out to be something against the institution church and the fight between jesus christ and the antichrist T___T

will borrow suzume's book XD i guess i have a lot of things to read for you with yur arrival. it depends on amazon. detective conan vol 51 was brought by me (ME!!!) to your place. and fma vol 14 and bleach vol 20 will maybe follow. however, i think they will be here until saturday. and your card arrived

salute
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

reading random Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

reading random
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
team's forum :: RANDOM :: TALKS-
Jump to: