Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Suzume-No-Kumo
Webmaster
Webmaster
Suzume-No-Kumo

reading random - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 12:12 pm

I guess you already have this book steffi
but just in German ("Die Stunde des Samurai" or sth like this^^)
Its realy good style in english I love it

The book you read at the moment seems to be one of those Dan Brown immitators
reading random - Page 2 354265

I guess I will have to finish it quickly, otherwise I willl get buried under books and TV-Shows

And I have to watch the old Star Wars Films (Hope I didnt delete them), because I've been to the Star Wars Exhibition here in London and now i'm curios watching them reading random - Page 2 44808
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 1:44 pm

finally i finished this horrible book T___T
two horrible books at once...

but i think 12 kingdoms will be much better... i enjoyed the anime very much years ago. so i guess i will also enjoy the books.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ophellia
level 2
level 2
Ophellia

PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:03 pm

I can feel your pain steffibj Reading a horrible book is worse than watching a horrible movie. AFter reading bad books, i just kept pondering on how the story should have been and I can't keep it out of my head even if I tried to. I would then complain about it for days until there's something good to get me out of it.

I was reading this horror story called "The Ruins". It's supposed to be scary and mysterious but it turns out to be more gruesome and gorish. It just sucked all the happiness out of me. I couldn't even finish the book because it was too much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4
jeryn

PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 9:41 am

XDD".... I wanted to read Murphy's Law lately.... have that in my book shelf since.. can't remember
but reading random - Page 2 290400
when I started reading everything thing seemed so familiar..... until I finally realized, I've read that one before..... T________T....... I was so glad I had another interesting book to read in my collection.... but no.... I've already read it.

now I don't know what to read next..... any recomendations???
I'm even willing to buy a new one! yes

steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 7:48 pm

what kind of books do you prefer to read???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4
jeryn

PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 8:48 pm

hum well........ actually my interest is kinda broad....
I can only tell I don't really like science fiction

hum.... well...... I used to like thrillers......
but with university where I had to read all kinds of books my interest broadened
so.... (almost) anything goes v

steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 8:54 pm

hmm.... i can tell what i like but i dunno ... ok i really liked the short stories of Roald Dahl. actually he has written a lot of books for kids but if you ask me the short stories are a bit... let me say it this way i wouldnt pass all his short stories to a little kid. if you want i can lend it to you because it cost me 30 euro back then and i dunno if it is still available. it was a birthday present of the parents of my boyfriend. XD *chus to thocchan* some of his short stories are available on the net and you can read them for free.

i also like laura joh rowland's books... thriller/crime and japan in one XD but there are already 10 volumes available here in germany...

btw the short stories of dahl are only in english.... XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4
jeryn

PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 9:02 pm

^^ I know Roald Dahl... at least some of his stories...
thanx for the idea with lending the book, but then you won't get it back before next year ^^...........

but the other thing with Laura Joh Rowland sounds interesting... see if I can get something on Amazon

and.... English shouldn't be a problem Wink
and when it comes to books..... shy the price doesn't matter for me..... bookaholic XDDDDD"

steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 9:06 pm

i see, my version of the short stories book (all his short stories were included in it) isnt available anymore... just have taken a look onto amazon... he is so amazing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4
jeryn

PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 10:10 am

so thanx for your recomendation steffi ^^ v
I ordered the first book by Laura J. Rowland yesterday..... together with another one by Sujata Massey, it's called "Bittere Mandelblüten" in German....... goes in the same direction of a crime story, but in our days.

and now I have to wait for the books, because the one by Rowland will only be shipped from Friday on.... T__________T

steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 5:12 pm

@ ophellia
what is this book "ruins" about??? would you suggest it???
as jeryn im need new books ( having a lot of time while driving to work)

@ jeryn
im currently reading dahl but i cannot read it so often it makes depressive. i have lots of fun reading the whole short stories but it really puts you down. dunno why... when i will have finished it i will send it to your place in madrid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4
jeryn

PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 5:45 pm

well..... XD I found another book today, so now I have 3 to read
it's called "Der Weltensammler" by Ilija Trojanow, it's about the English discoverer Richard Burton - and it sounds so goooood.... oh I'm so excited. ^^*

so @ steffi: take your time reading Dahl v

steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 5:52 pm

you are even worse than me XD

we are book freaks *___*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suzume-No-Kumo
Webmaster
Webmaster
Suzume-No-Kumo

PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 8:32 pm

I want to have your problem not to know what to read.

At the Moments I've got hundreds of mangas to read (Conan, Bleach...) and I haven't yet finished cloud of sparrows T__T

And then there are comics wich are send every month to my and I didn't even have a look on them!

Better I stop doing everything except reading reading random - Page 2 354265
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:06 pm

since the site is done, i think, you will have more time to read some stuff.

and im not the one to blame reading random - Page 2 498821 dont worry when you need more time for reading the books i have given to you. next month bleach volume 21 and conan 52 will follow XD

i guess you feel like I do with our projects. Instead of getting less to do the list is growing reading random - Page 2 354265
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suzume-No-Kumo
Webmaster
Webmaster
Suzume-No-Kumo

PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:01 am

indeed I feel this way^^
I hope we don't have to read too much in German lessons and also not too soon reading random - Page 2 202471

reading random - Page 2 354265
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4
jeryn

PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 9:28 pm

since I don't have internet connection yet in my room here in Spain... and until Wednesday there will be none... and I don't know if I can use it on Wednesday...
well I'll be reading a lot during the next time... and I get kinda dizzy from reading this much.
But the book I'm reading is really interesting... I've finished the first part which plays in India, and I'm now continuing with Arabia.

Hopefully I get to buy some good German books here ^^..... I want to have something German, since there are only Spanish tv-channels

Ophellia
level 2
level 2
Ophellia

PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 7:12 am

steffibj wrote:
@ ophellia
what is this book "ruins" about??? would you suggest it???
as jeryn im need new books ( having a lot of time while driving to work)

Sorry Setffibj for not replying sooner. My classes has started and I was busy the whole last week.

Ruins is a horror-thriller about four Americans traveling in Mexico who stumble across a nightmare in the jungle. In the beginning it's really intresting because the reader dont know the cause of the horror. But once we found out why the mysterious stuff are happening (infact they are not really mysterious at all) on half way through the book, it became a plain torture to read it. Rather than focusing on the mystery, the book deals more with how the characters are trying to survive. I really dont recommand this book because I didn't enjoy reading it and the ending is not satisfactory. Very Happy I hope I make sense because english is not my first language. Ruin is the type of fiction like the movie "The Cave", where the characters are always running away from the killer.

I found my new fav author Razz Khaled Hosseini.. He has only released two books, "The Kite Runner" and "A Thousand Splendid Suns". His stories are very realistic and heart-warming. I totally recommand him. If you like vampire stories "The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova is really awesome Very Happy

@jeryn: Can you tell me about what book you are reading? Is it in German? if it's in english, i'm interested in it. I'm intrigued about arabia and india..

My classes are started last week soo, I won't have much time to read the books anymore. I'm a science major so, I hardly have to read anything interesting for the school. Please recommand me any good books. I'm into fantasy, folklores, history etc... sad

btw..I'm taking elementary japanese. We just finished learning hiragana..and next week, I'm gonna learn katakana XDDD Japanese is soo fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4
jeryn

PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 7:04 pm

@ Ophellia.... well the book I'm reading is in German.... but the author's not German.... so I thought there's also an English edition.... and I searched for it, to get the English title.... but I didn't found an English version..... I think it's because the author speaks German.... and has lived in Germany for quite a while....
but I'll continue my search

XD.... you're so lucky that you can take classes in Japanese... I have to learn everything for myself
but sure it makes fun

steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 6:03 pm

right now im reading the golden compass by pullman (weird name btw)

i guess there should be a movie about this book soon ... maybe it already is out in usa. im absolutely in this book right now and bought all three volumes because the german edition was borrowed. now im reading the english edtition....

i need a little break from dahl...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4
jeryn

PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 1:31 pm

@ Ophellia..... so... as I promised I continued to search for the book, and I found some sites... first of all:
wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilija_Trojanow .... where they put an English title to the book - it's The Collector of Worlds
and then this one: http://www.signandsight.com/features/690.html ..... it's a translated newspaper article - so that you have now some information about the content in English.
and here an interview with him... http://www.qantara.de/webcom/show_article.php/_c-310/_nr-324/i.html?PHPSESSID=5 ...why he chose to write in German, and about the book itself

but... nothing more... I don't think that there's an English version of the book yet wink .... but since it is very succesfull in Germany, I think it will be translated.... I also found somewhere the note "has not yet been translated"... so if you're really interested in the book after reading the links above, you may just have to wait a little bit more v
ehm..... when you're now wondering how come she searched so much and put the information in here..... Laughing well that's because of my studies.......... reading random - Page 2 202471

~~~~~~
anyone ever read something by Paul Auster??... I just bought a book by him a few days ago.....

steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 11:03 am

no i dont know him ...

right now im more into magazines like "Die Zeit". i couldnt read any more "bild" and "morgenpost" because about 3/4 of those two are stupid comments which simply arent true. and i have to pass the time at school somehow. we have a horrible long break between our first 4 leasons and the last four. you dont know how long 45 minutes can be T___T

elsewhere, im reading my latest package of manga ( i guess 25 manga)
im getting closer to the 1500 scale salute
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ophellia
level 2
level 2
Ophellia

PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 11:34 pm

Very Happy Thank you very much jeryn for the book info. I'll keep my eyes on that one XD Hopefully it would get translated to english. And ahhah atleast your studies are interesting. Mine??? I have to spend hours in the lab just to study the chemical reactions. It gets tiring after a while and dangerous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4
jeryn

PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 12:16 pm

T_____T I have to read a Spanish drama right now... from the 18th century, and it's really hard to understand - although it's already written in modern Spanish..... uhhh I don't wanna know how it would be in old Spanish >_>

but... reading random - Page 2 203125 that means that I can't continue with my book. I started the Africa part on Monday. And I love how it's written from two changing perspectives.
See Ophellia... my studies also have their negative parts Laughing

steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 9:39 pm

ehm... yeah let me count the books I'm reading right now ... I guess 5 or 6 is a good number here. i really should stop myself from buying books and maybe i should finish at least one from those 5-6 books T___T.
I know how you feel jeryn T___T I went to a book shop on friday and bought the latest Sergej Lukianenko book which got released in germany. why did i go to the book shop??? for three manga and i went outside with a 30 euro less T___T (sergej had cost me 15 euro)
but i will have plenty of time to read a lot of books while getting back home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: reading random   reading random - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

reading random
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
team's forum :: RANDOM :: TALKS-
Jump to: