Go down 
AuthorMessage
jeryn
level 4
level 4
jeryn

False idols Empty
PostSubject: False idols   False idols Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 8:45 pm

Hey, I just have to talk about something that bothers me lately.
When I was doing the usual shopping today, there was a girl in the supermarket, and she was very thin. I was afraid that she could collapse right there.
.... everywhere you go you see those skinny girls. Especially at my university... I think somehow a fight has broken out, who's the thinnest......

And if you turn on the tv, what is it you are seeing, all those celebs like Paris Hilton, or Keira Nightley, all very skinny....
As it seems, being that thin has become like the new status, represented through these famous people.
And I think it is bad, really bad. No
Sure, younger girls want to be like their idols, but do they have to follow them in every way?
For me, they - the celebs - are presenting a wrong picture. There's nothing aesthetic anymore in being skinny.

~morgana~
level 2
level 2
~morgana~

False idols Empty
PostSubject: Re: False idols   False idols Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 9:22 pm

aaah, that's a real problem, yeah!
i see skinny to death young girls more often and it's scarry me a lot!
i still can't understand why girls think that it's cool to be so thin? just bones and skin... it's horrible! i don't think it's sexy to be sooo thin! i guess it's dangerous for their boyfriends coz they may cut theirselves XDDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

False idols Empty
PostSubject: Re: False idols   False idols Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 9:43 pm

@ morgana
lol! very funny comment XD

i agree with both of you... i have also to admit that when you see those thin actors the whole time it really manipulates yourself especially when you are young. you know that im an absolutely fan of smallville but i have recognized recently that they are making the actors thinner in changing the format of the film. and you cannot change it!!!! you have to imagine that they made the video screening format like that, that the actors are looking 10 kg less weighted.

there is also this woman who is the founder of size 0. she looks so thin and ugly. if i see her in tv im really willing to pass her a cookie... not a cooky only... a 100 boxes of cookies...

the problem is there was a little chint of light some months ago. they really tried to go against anorexic models... iwas so impressed that they really were willing to do something against it but i guess in the end nothing got changed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~morgana~
level 2
level 2
~morgana~

False idols Empty
PostSubject: Re: False idols   False idols Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 10:07 pm

@ steffi
thanx Rolling Eyes
omh, they really changed the format of the movie to make actors thinner? omh, unbelievable!

btw, i think that the situation is getting better now... very slow but still
i saw an advertisment of Dove on our tv.. and there was a real woman! real healthy woman! with normal legs and arms and hips and breasts! i was shoked XDD it surprised me a lot, but surprise was very pleasant XD we still have a hope! XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

False idols Empty
PostSubject: Re: False idols   False idols Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 10:31 pm

if you ask me it doesnt get better...
actually they are talking about a new ideal figure (80-50-80).
come on what the heck is this!!!????
who wants to be that thin... the problem is that a lot of shows are showing you that you need to be thin to get a job for example. and shows which are showing the result of being so thin get showed at 11 pm or 12 pm. especially youngsters dont watch such shows at such times...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4
jeryn

False idols Empty
PostSubject: Re: False idols   False idols Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 2:54 pm

@ morgana: we have this Dove ad, too. But I don't think that anything has changed because of it... or is changing.
Just look at the other ads where clothes and perfumes are presented... skinny girls.
And what I absolutely can't stand is that they are shown as happy, as being healthy and feeling good this way.
I had problems eating lately (stomach >_>), and lost a bit of weight, and I felt so bad.... because I lacked all the minerals and stuff your body needs. I just don't see how they can feel good.

what also bothers me about this being skinny is that everytime I go shopping I get the impression that the fashion is adapted to those thin girls.....
I mean, you just don't look good in those clothes anymore if you got a little bit more weight on your hips. and the sizes.... it's not that they make the clothes bigger with the next size, no they simply make it longer! scratch

steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

False idols Empty
PostSubject: Re: False idols   False idols Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 3:46 pm

i have just read the "in touch" at my boyfriends place ... they tried to show that skinny girls are not beautiful and that it is dangerous, but on the other hand they were saying that women who have a bit more on their hips want to be thinner :wtf: the whole article was so stupid... they were telling one negative point and shortly after they said this negative point a positive point followed...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hychekade
level 1
level 1
Hychekade

False idols Empty
PostSubject: Re: False idols   False idols Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 1:54 am

i agree with jeryn!
Most of the clothes are made for sizes really small!
TV. and celebrities are such a bad example!
also Models!! goood!!!! those girls are not models!! are... like a stick! nO! a stick looks better with fashion clothes!

To be honest i want to lose some wight but i don't just for health! not because i want to look like Skeletor form The Thunder cats!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/hychekade
~morgana~
level 2
level 2
~morgana~

False idols Empty
PostSubject: Re: False idols   False idols Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 12:03 pm

ok ok, this Dove ad was just my last hope XDDDDD

also very annoying thing for me is the complainings of these thin girls that they are fat! WTF? diz are they idiots or it's just a joke?
everytime i hear such statements i say the same phrase: "should i do a suicide?" XDDD and everytime i want to hit in the head this skinny girl for such words XDDD i'm not thin at all, most likely i'm plump XD kinda happy pink piggy XDD and these girls.. oh, they are often very sad and angry... it's a pity.. and when they try to laugh i'm afraid that they can fall to pieces XDDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

False idols Empty
PostSubject: Re: False idols   False idols Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 2:51 pm

latest fun: when i believe those magazines lately i would be overweighted with my 52 kg (1,64m tall) lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4
jeryn

False idols Empty
PostSubject: Re: False idols   False idols Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 2:53 pm

hey don't tell me thats true >_>
what would I be then....... Laughing

btw... how about not posting for 3 days...

anneliese
level 2
level 2
anneliese

False idols Empty
PostSubject: Re: False idols   False idols Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:40 pm

can I revive this thread?

well, the skinny thing has become even more fashionable since the "emo wave". Girls don't even eat (what is food? noooo, I will look like a cow!!) and faint on the street.
They wear those skinny pants and they even want to lose more weight. Because of that, you can find lots of XXS clothes in stores, which are really something new. (at least here). Their legs are so thin, that they look as my arms, seriously!! (btw, Steffi, we have the same amount of kg and the same height...)

Now the second part... the emo kids. I don't want to offend anyone, but this thing is really getting too serious. All those young people, 13-17 years old really scare me.
My former high school used to be a vivid one, full of variety. Now all the students are emos, dressed all in black, with the same haircut.... they spend the break crying, they are always depressed... and this happens everywhere I go!! I 12 year girl even committed suicide last week because of her depression.

Are we the last normal generation?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

False idols Empty
PostSubject: Re: False idols   False idols Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

False idols
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
team's forum :: RANDOM :: TALKS-
Jump to: