Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

music random Empty
PostSubject: music random   music random Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 10:57 am

i wanted to open a new thread to bring more movement into this whole thing and im a music freak through and through XD there is no possibility for me to live without it...

right now im absolutely in some older songs and nightwish... what kind of combination is this!!!! for older songs: i really love the three hallelujah versions i have ( bon jovi, john cale, jeff buckley) this song has great lyrics and every artist made his own "sad" version of it. at first i didnt like the jeff buckley version but now... i think his voice suits perfectly too... it sounds so much like it is to break T___T but it is horrible to translate, ne jeryn-chan? XD

on the other hand is nightwish... T___T i love the lead singer... she is fantastic. however, a lot of people thinking the opposite ^^
her singing abilities may be not as good as the last ones but she isnt horrible through. today my album should arrive T___T i cannot wait...

waiting is so horrible in all sorts of situations. im always waiting for something i recognized the last thing i was waiting for was the first episode of house md season 4 (english) and before that it was the lanni.

to come back to topic thanks to thomas family i will have the luck to see nightwish live in february salute

what about your interests in music i would be really interested in what kind of music your listening ( other than larc XD)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4
jeryn

music random Empty
PostSubject: Re: music random   music random Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 3:50 pm

yes living without music is impossible XD

right now I'm into 30 Seconds to Mars and Fall Out Boy...... don't know why but I need some off-beat songs now...something to wake me up
but there's still Snow Patrol and Lifehouse I'm listening to, and well monoral too, and Hoobastank, and 3 doors down.....
you see, I can go on with the list...... but it seems to be more rock than anything else ^^

although I have to admit, there are still some Backstreet Boys songs lurking around on my harddrive XDDD"

jep..... I don't like the voice of the lead singer from Nightwish... somehow not my thing, but it's a really good voice, for sure

and jep... Hallelujah was horrible to translate music random 202471

and another jep.... waiting is horrible.... yesterday I waited the whole day for a microwave (which my landlord ordered)... but it didn't arrive...
and steffi... you'll be always waiting for something, so get used to it wink

tsukikei
level 1
level 1
tsukikei

music random Empty
PostSubject: Re: music random   music random Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 5:00 pm

Oh, I've been a pretty big Nightwish fan.. once upon a time. XD But then I lost interest in them (i.e. I got into L'Arc) and then they changed vocalist. I haven't listened to their latest works very much, so I perhaps shouldn't say anything, but.. I still think Tarja was better. She's got such a special voice. I saw Nightwish live when they were in Sweden a few years ago.. and it was awesome. ^^

But as for music I listen to, it's pretty much L'Arc and their solo projects, mostly. And Gackt of course. Then I listen a lot to bands like Rentrer en Soi, MONORAL, ONE OK ROCK, kannivalism, MUCC and Dir en grey.. XD;;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sgcharbor
level 1
level 1
sgcharbor

music random Empty
PostSubject: Re: music random   music random Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 3:10 pm

LOL..I didn't know you guys are into Nightwish too! I am too!

Okay, not technically. I just love their cover of the Phantom of the Opera, and that's about the only song I have heard from the band lol!

I've been into X Japan for some time now. I especially heart the ballads music random 17248 Gosh, I totally understand now why people say Yoshiki is The Musical Genius / God of Rock Ballads.

I also listen to Gackt, a little of Janne da Arc and Kagrra, HYDE and Malice Mizer, Celine Dion, Kenny G, Yanni, Kitaro, the Gregorian Chant Masters, Iron Maiden, Disturb, Scars of Life, Chris Spheeris, oldies such as Air Supply, Chicago and Journey and-

Oh, I'll shaddup now music random 354265
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sgcharbor.livejournal.com
Ophellia
level 2
level 2
Ophellia

music random Empty
PostSubject: Re: music random   music random Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 11:44 pm

eh....looks like I'm the only one who like pops here. I listen to a lot of club/trance and new age music. L'Arc is like one of a few pop/rock bands I listen to. I also like 80divas like Cher, Donna Summer, Madonna, and Michael Jackson. Lately, I'm more into new age albums like Buddha Bar, Gregorian Chants etc.. I also love Emma Shapplin Very Happy oh..and Chopin's piano pieces are the best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4
jeryn

music random Empty
PostSubject: Re: music random   music random Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 10:39 pm

no ^^
you're not the only one listening to pop. I did it for a looooong time too, but not the bands you listed, more the mainstream pop Laughing and I still listen to bands like Blue, Coldplay, Snow Patrol... and so on....

you like Madonna?? more the older songs, or the new ones?? because I don't like the new stuff she's making >_>

never heard of Buddha Bar ^^.... should give it a try ^.~

lately I've been listening to a Philipino band, called Calalilly. It's pop/rock, and I think the music is really good imo
but again, lyrics I don't understand music random 202471 well some of the songs are in English, but only a few ^^*

lol! you listed Micheal Jackson as 80s diva..... funny XDD

steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

music random Empty
PostSubject: Re: music random   music random Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 11:10 pm

sgcharbor wrote:
I just love their cover of the Phantom of the Opera, and that's about the only song I have heard from the band lol!

to be honest i turned into a nightwish listener because of the new lead singer love i didnt like Tarja... i found it hard to listen to her voice for a long time. technically she was better than Anette but i think she has a very cool voice. argh i cannot wait to see them finally live. im so excited . i want to here meadows of heaven, eva, bye bye beautiful, for the heart i once had and amaranth. the artwork of dark passion play is cool, too ^^

i also found my love to bon jovi's music again ... FINALLY. i dont like their latest works so much (have a nice day album and bounce are exceptions). but crush T___T i dont like this album. my absolute favorite album is these days. the lyrics and guitar works are kickin your ass. it is a very melodical album but if you ask me the lyrics are the best. this ain't a love song, these days and my guitar lies bleeding in my arms, something for the pain and hey god are fantastic songs!!! i also like the cver songs they do on their concerts ^^ right now im listening to ''bridge over troubled water''. the original track was written by simon and garfunkel and it is definitely worth a listening

however im also very much in x ray dog and future world music... but i think most of you guys dont know them. they are doing the music for certain movie trailer.

madonna isnt bad but i also like nly certain sngs. here in germany she is played alot that's why some tracks are getting on my nerves. but she really has some masterpieces. ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ophellia
level 2
level 2
Ophellia

music random Empty
PostSubject: Re: music random   music random Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 5:14 am

hahhah I love "These days" too!! I dont know much about Bonjovi's music, but I love some of their songs older classics like "living on the prayers", "you give love bad names", and "I'll be there for you". I really enjoy "these days" album too. My fav are "diamond rings" <--- sooo freaking romantic, "this aint love song","my guitar lies bleeding in my hands" and "these days". I heard some of their latest singles from radio, but didn't like them. I can't believe their last album was really successful. It went platinum or so, within months.

Speaking of which, I kinda saw bonjovi in my dentist office. You know he lives in NJ right? So, yeah I had dentist appointment two weeks ago, and my dentist told me that jon bonjovi will be here after my appointment. She told me that I can wait if I want to see him. The thing is that I had class right after that appointment so, I decided not to linger (and I'm not a fan either). But I bumped into him at the door Very Happy heheheh I was like "Holy shit, is it bonjovi???...., oh crap I'm late for my exam" hahhaha My Highschool British Lit teacher went to the same highschool with Bonjovi too. He often told us about how he and his wife used to be "the item" of the school. heheheh

@jeryn, I love almost all of madonna's song. hehehhe "like a virgin", "material girl", "papa dont preach", "like a prayer", "ray of lights", "hollywood", etc..and I like all of "confession on the dance floor". ><'' I think I hang out with gay guys too much.. Smile

Currently I'm listening to Emma Shapplin's "la notte eterna", and waiting for Britney's spears' album "black out" to come out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4
jeryn

music random Empty
PostSubject: Re: music random   music random Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 1:23 pm

@ Ophellia.... music random 354265 the story with Bon Jovi and your dentist is great.... you actually had body contact with him wink

to Madonna's Confessions on a dancefloor: steffi is right, the songs are played so often in Germany that you feel like being followed by them. I'm really glad that it's different here in Spain ^^

and finally ... after yours and steffi's continuous talking about "these days" I downloaded the song ^^
I already knew it, but didn't have it in my music folder.
about Bon Jovi in general: I love - absolutely love - the album This Left Feels Right - where they rearranged the songs.... simply <3

steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

music random Empty
PostSubject: Re: music random   music random Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 3:28 pm

Ophellia wrote:
..., and waiting for Britney's spears' album "black out" to come out.

yeah im interested in that, too. i dont like her very much but i heard some previews of the new songs and they seem to be nice ^^
i feel very sorry for her nowadays. i hope she will get better and be fine again. salute

to bj:
argh envious T___T but i was standing in the first row on the last tour V ^^ V
doro and jon are so cute together

these days was and is outstanding and i guess this wont change. but i dont want to have a these days part 2 because i dont like when bands are trying to be what they were some years back.

and yeah jeryn confession on the dancefloor was played very often. T___T
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

music random Empty
PostSubject: Re: music random   music random Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 9:02 pm

im absolutely in metallica right now.

i was listening to their music at their work and im thinking that i have destroyed their keyboard ^^* but ok after destroying the shredder...

well... when i first listened to st.anger the first time i thought "damn back to the roots... why?" however, it is some years ago ^^*
i absolutely love the druming of lars. i guess i would be so damn down after the first song. XD

and i really like a newcomer. i dunno if she is but she is not in this business for such a long time. her name is marié digby. some of her songs can be watched on youtube but their is no cd out yet. if there will be im going to buy it definitly *___*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ophellia
level 2
level 2
Ophellia

music random Empty
PostSubject: Re: music random   music random Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 5:26 am

I have been listening to Britney Spears alot Razz I think Blackout is defintely the best album I heard from her. It's really pop as in early 90 popsongs. Really good stuff. As you guys know, her singing is not something to look forward to, but the music is really nice. I think the background music is nicely mixed. Overall it's a lighthearted and fun album to listen to.
Very Happy

have you guys heard of "mink"?? I think she is a kpop/jpop singer. Some people say she is really good. I'm checking her out XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ophellia
level 2
level 2
Ophellia

music random Empty
PostSubject: Re: music random   music random Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 12:55 am

Me again!!!

I'm really into "Queen" now. Freddy Mercury's voice is amazing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

music random Empty
PostSubject: Re: music random   music random Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 11:31 pm

AHHH I LOVE THE SHOW MUST GO ON t___t VERY BEAUTIFUL SONG! TO BE HONEST I GOT INto QUEEN through Moulin Rouge (which was a great movie).

i think that no queen cover ever got close to the original ^^

currently , im so damn much in foo fighters. they are fucking great. first i didnt like them so much... through a friend i really got into them ^^
*diana sometimes i hate you* best of you rocks and the acoustical songs also do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ophellia
level 2
level 2
Ophellia

music random Empty
PostSubject: Re: music random   music random Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 11:08 pm

ME TOOOOOOOOO!!! I just love "SHOW MUST GO ON" soooo much. Somebody made the L'arc fanvid with that song!! It's pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zvYvrK2QFc

I haven't watched Moulin Rouge yet. I heard that it's very good, but I never get around to see that movie. I got into Queen through a japanese drama called "PRIDE" starred by Kimura Takuya(my fav jdrama actor). That drama uses "Queen" for their entire OST, and that's how I got hooked, with both drama, and queen XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hychekade
level 1
level 1
Hychekade

music random Empty
PostSubject: Re: music random   music random Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 8:51 pm

=D guess who's back!! well... just for a few hours... i skiped one important class jajaja
any way...
music
@ Ophelia, the dentist apoinment adventure was awesome!
right now... i feel a little gay! jajaja i am into visual rock bands and all of suddenly i started to sing Backstreet boys songs! i was like: wtf!!!??
and then i started to download Hanson's song! jajajaja i love their lyrics...
i remember that when i was little... and hanson appeared on scene i loved them to much! i was all day long : mmmbop... and i don't remember how but i stop loving them... and a few weeks ago a friend and i were looking for oldies videos and she was like: hey cheka, do you remember this boys... the... hanson? and i was like! yeah!! the long hair cute boys! let's check their videos! and we saw this time around video and we were like:
O.O cheka... did you typed right? those are not the hanson! they don't have long hair and don't look like girls...
jajajajaj was kinda funny

I like nightwish as well, but i haven't check their "new" album and the new vocalist...
queen... i saw a Naruto fanflash video with bohemian rhapsody song (i don't know if i wrote it ok Razz) and i was sooo funny! so i downloaded the song and i remembered alot of thing of my childhood... my brothers bothering me... my fat and annoying big brother puching me against the bed and playing with my head like it was a ball... i don't know it that was a good memory... but anyway...
ajajaja i think i wrote alot!! sorry Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/hychekade
jeryn
level 4
level 4
jeryn

music random Empty
PostSubject: Re: music random   music random Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:06 pm

welcome back cheka ^.~
even if it's just for a little while XDD

and hey come on.... Backstreet Boys songs are not that bad, there're some really good ones. XDD
and it's great if your musical taste is that wide. ^^

but queen.... not so my thing.
and when you talk about the titles there's no melody popping up in my head (except for the show must go on)... so.... actually, I'm not into such "old" stuff Laughing

please don't worry about writing too much!!! it's alwas great to read new posts ^O^

hope you paid back what your brother did to you..... ^.~

steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

music random Empty
PostSubject: Re: music random   music random Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 8:06 pm

oki, finally I'm on a Nightwish trip again. T___T

I visited their concert with my boyfriend's family ( so together with suzume) on saturday. it was just amazing.
the atmosphere and every once in a while something exploded XD
the whole show was simply fantastic. anette sang the songs so well I really was suprised by that. ^^

btw suzume thanks to this concert my neck hurts for the second day now XD
but for some reason i don't mind
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ophellia
level 2
level 2
Ophellia

music random Empty
PostSubject: Re: music random   music random Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 6:03 am

jeryn wrote:

and hey come on.... Backstreet Boys songs are not that bad, there're some really good ones. XDD
and it's great if your musical taste is that wide. ^^

^.~[/size]

I want it THAT WAy!!! I like some of backstreet boys's songs. I mean it had been hard to ignore them since they were on radio all the time, back in like 1998.

Right now, I'm totally into MUCC. I went to Taste of Chaos in New York. They were awesome. After the show, i got to meet them, and got poster/t shirt signed. Shook hands tooo. It was amazing XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gorkij
level 1
level 1
Gorkij

music random Empty
PostSubject: Re: music random   music random Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 3:41 am

Ophellia wrote:

Right now, I'm totally into MUCC. I went to Taste of Chaos in New York. They were awesome. After the show, i got to meet them, and got poster/t shirt signed. Shook hands tooo. It was amazing XD
I Think I now have to go an kill somebody^^' ~ gomen just kidding ^///^
Want to see MUCC live too, want to shake hands... sad ~ want to kidnap them Suspect

However, I'm still very happy at the moment, as I was able to see Laruku live love

So now to my preferences in music.
At the moment I'm very much into Japanese Music. First of all Laruku of course!!!
Also like very much S.O.A.P. (Sons of all Pussys) ~ like kens voice (especially I cannot understand people saying his voice is boring) ~ and all the other solo/side projects of Laruku (very curious how Vamps will be).

How you now should already know I like Mucc very much too. Other Japanese bands I quite enjoy listening to are Platic Tree, X-Japan (shall I go again to Paris or shall I not? *argh*), D, D'espairs Ray, Gackt, Die in cries, TOKIO, 12012, Kra, Girugä(a)mesh...

From a good friend I also get from time to time some Korean music but to be honest I'm not really into it that much. However, Cherryfilter caught me somehow ^_^

Now away from Asian Music ^^'

I'm also really into medivial music (especially mixed with rock) like In Extremo (liked their older songs more), Schelmisch, Schandmaul, Cornamusa... ~ just love the sound of bagpipes!

Queen is quite nice, however not that much into it...but AC/DC is a band dunno just like them very much

hugh...to tired to think of more at them moment sry^^''''

tired
will now go and sleep a bit and come back later, maybe then I can think of some more nice bands yes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

music random Empty
PostSubject: Re: music random   music random Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 8:48 pm

ac/dc rocks my world for 2 months now... AGAIN
they are simply cool and i really hope for another world tour the last one they gave was so close to my hometown BUT we didnt go T__T now i could hate myself for this

anyway, steffi and jeryn were to the bon jovi concert in leipzig. music random 17248
my second time after 4 years. it was fucking great. they really rock the stadium. i cannot stop to say how freaking good it was. i guess there were over 40000 people and we stood right in front of the techs little place so we had a good sight on stage. it was funny to listen to them when the middle monitors "crashed" down. (black monitors) but they solved the problem within one song music random 383466 i guess i was rocking with them all along. my legs hurt from dancing and juming and my voice faded so many times with the last song which was wanted dead or alive. all (jeryn, my boyfriend and my father) were laughing so much when i tried to say something after one hour. i sounded like my grandmother XD i simply couldnt speak for 1 day because of my singing and shouting XD but i couldnt stop myself to shout have a nice day , living on a prayer, wanted dead or alive. i really forced my voice to come out when wanted got played but this one is one of my favorites XD
they played these days
music random 17248 THESE DAYS also one of my favorites and it was so damn cool to see it from the whole band
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeryn
level 4
level 4
jeryn

music random Empty
PostSubject: Re: music random   music random Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:13 am

Yeah!!!
The concert was really great.... you brought me into listening more Bon Jovi than usual again XD got these phases

That little problem with your voice was cute ^^
We could hear that you had your fun.
And mine was affected as well, friends I met in uni later that Monday, asked me if I did to much party....

But it was just great, everything, even the breakdown of background light and tvs you talked about - we got something special to tell XD
Right now, sitting here, I want to got again, like immediately!! Had so much fun. music random 44808

I *cough* downloaded something new yesterday. A mini album from KELUN. He sings the new opening for Bleach, and I couldn't wait till the single release (which is the same day as VAMPS....), and I got the small one with older songs.... and they're great!!!!
I also finally saw the new PV from 3 doors down, really like the song ^^
I'm in need of some new music..... just starting to skip through my playlists as hell, because most of it bores me sad

Any recommendations -- except AC/DC Laughing

Gorkij
level 1
level 1
Gorkij

music random Empty
PostSubject: Re: music random   music random Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 7:56 pm

You seemed to have had a lot of fun at the concert. The sister of a good friend also went to Bon Jovi concert in Leipzig ^^

Can imagine how you felt after singing and screaming a lot. I wondered that we (a friend and I) could still talk quite clear after the Laruku concert in Paris, as we kept the whole time screaming and singing and screaming... and even sometimes I really had to struggle while screaming as my throat felt so dry and sore xD

hmn I'm sure Steffi would agree to recommend AC/DC music random 354265

So now a band I really could recommend is Cornamusa ~ don't know how to describe their music (maybe mixture of rock and the sound of a bagpipe music random 111266) ~ in my opinion they really deserve to be more known ~ sometimes I just have the feeling everybody loves their music but nobody knows them ~.~

Maybe have a look at this vid (made by me, pictures are also all made by me)
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvd6snA0Ymg
maybe I should have a look around youtube as there is probably more ^^'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

music random Empty
PostSubject: Re: music random   music random Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 11:41 am

definitely Xd

i guess i will buy Serj Tankian's solo album today. it is late but better now than never. im so freaking loving lie lie lie. it kicks your ass music random 44808
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jillibean
level 0
level 0

music random Empty
PostSubject: Re: music random   music random Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 5:03 pm

Hm... for Japanese music, I like L'Arc (of course Very Happy ), T.M.Revolution, abingdon boys school, HYDE, Gackt, 雅-miyavi (MYV with an acoustic guitar is just Shockedcheers), BUMP OF CHICKEN, B'z, Janne da Arc, LAST ALLIANCE, etc...

For English I really like OK Go, Hot Hot Heat, the Dandy Warhols, Queen, and some music by the Offspring Smile

A also find myself listening to tons of soundtracks (usually jdramas) and even some classical here and there (Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue" love )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

music random Empty
PostSubject: Re: music random   music random Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

music random
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next