Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Suzume-No-Kumo
Webmaster
Webmaster
Suzume-No-Kumo

Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing Empty
PostSubject: Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing   Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 6:28 pm

For some reason we have over 100 downloads per file, but no comments at all. We try hard to make the videos as good as possible.
So please do your part and tell us what is still worth improving.
A subbing group can't survive without those comments.
At least a little thank you or so if you can't say what to improve.

At the moment we don't even know if people who like L'arc are downloading our files or just the police (It's illegal in the country I life in). For this reason S'ub~en~Ciel is stopping its work till we know it's worth doing it, because it's a hard business and takes a lot of time. Even we don't have time to waste.

So please contribute.

Last edited by on Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ROONNA
level 0
level 0
ROONNA

PostSubject: My apologies   Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 6:59 pm

I'm brand new on the forum and I my first post is an excuse. Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing 202471
I've just read the message on the site and I totally understand.
You probably don't know me but I use to work with shortykun and I made some translation from english to french for your site.
I'm someone very shy but I have to react to your message.
Of course we enjoy your work and personnally you 're one of my favorite site about my favorite band.
Usually I take a look during my lunchtime and because I'm at my office I don't make any comment. I had never thought you could be so sad about. So sorry about that. Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing 290400
So I take the occasion to explain you how much your work is great, how much I understand how hard is it (made some translation for it remember) and how much I respect you.
I promise you that I will leave a comment each time I'll be on your site and , who know, maybe start a great "online friendship" full of work and fun.
Thank you so much for all you had done and please pardon us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lustforapples
level 0
level 0
lustforapples

PostSubject: Re: Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing   Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 7:27 pm

I will never not leave comments again. I'm so sorry!!!! I love you guys and all the hard work you do for the L'arc fan community. I've learned so much more about the band and get so much more enjoyment from their work because of the work you do. Please don't leave us with out such wonderful files. And thank you for all your hard work! salute
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genome
level 0
level 0

PostSubject: Re: Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing   Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 8:15 pm

All I want to say for now is, thank you for all your releases before this, and I am also very sorry and I feel ashamed to admit that I am among those people who have been downloading your files without leaving any comments that you guys really deserve. I guess I have taken your effort for granted, and for that, I really want to apologize. Please do not feel disheartened, you guys did a great job, it's just us who were the ungrateful ones. Thank you again for all your past work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matsu
level 0
level 0

PostSubject: Re: Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing   Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 5:01 am

I am very sorry to not have commented before this! At the beginning, I was worried that posts that just said thank you would be considered spam and so ended up not posting, but that is a very poor excuse and I apologize for that. I really appreciate all of the hard work that sub~en~ciel has put into the files you have shared. Thank you so very much! It is a great privilege and joy to be able to watch these files with subs. I think the format that is used is good as I am able to follow the subtitles easily during the videos. I enjoy watching them very much and am very grateful. I feel very ashamed to have not expressed my gratitute before as I should have m(_ _)m
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shortykun
level 0
level 0

PostSubject: Re: Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing   Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 4:56 pm

Well...i guess i have to react too. The fact is that i did never leave a message here because i don't even have the time to moderate my own forum at laruku.fr Sad . I don't even have the time for the translations anymore, but thanks to Roona, Laruku.fr keep support S'ub en ciel and will continue as well as long the team lives.

Keep going like this guys, not everyone can speak english, but in my side, the frenchs are very thankfull for the s'ub work.

Courage minna !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hyde&seek
level 0
level 0
hyde&seek

PostSubject: Re: Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing   Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 6:48 am

Hi guys! This is my first post ever on a Laruku's forum.
Particularly, I've seen other pages being closed for similar reasons, but this time I really have to say that I feel totally different. Somehow you guys managed to have a page that I have checked every damn day! (Sometimes 4 or 5 times a day Embarassed ) And that's to much for a person like me.
And all these is because you guys created this page to make guys like myself feel confortable and to share the same interests with other people.
Unfortunately, I'm one of those guys that never ever posted any comments to you guys, but I'm TERRIBLY sorry and I hope that you can forgive guys like me for our selfishnes and to not to appreciate all the work you have done for this COMMUNITY.
After all, we are fans. And fans nowadays cannot "live" without all these materials that are so hard to find.
Please, I beg you, do not stop fansubbing. WE NEED IT. WE NEED YOU.
Do not give up and think of all these like an obstacle to overcome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hitokiri_roxy
level 1
level 1
hitokiri_roxy

PostSubject: Re: Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing   Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 12:47 pm

Oh my! I just didn't realize you guys felt that way. Crying or Very sad

I am so, so grateful to everyone in sub en ciel for taking the time and effort to make all those wonderful subs. I'm not very particular about fonts and stuff coz I believe you guys have been doing a stellar job. I just hope this is not the last time. I promise I will try my utmost to think of something to comment instead of just expressing my thanks everytime you release something.

I also enjoyed the games you posted here before, although I've never won, it was really fun and I'm sure a lot people, including myself, are looking forward to more fun competitions in the future.

I truly, truly hope and pray that you guys will continue with this super sugoi project! I love you guys!!!

v
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sgcharbor
level 1
level 1
sgcharbor

PostSubject: Re: Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing   Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 4:31 pm

Oh my, this is bad~

I apologise for not taking more time to contribute to the project - one way or the other Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing 768785 I won't go into the details but just know that I really do appreciate all the work that S'Ub~en~Ciel has done and released.

Watching the releases is as simple as reading a piece of work but what is often overlooked and forgotten is the amount of time and effort put into the creation of the product itself. And I think a thank you or a gesture of gratefulness is the least anyone can do.

And from me to the entire subbing team, THANK YOU for all that you've done Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing 17248
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sgcharbor.livejournal.com
yannen
level 0
level 0
yannen

PostSubject: Re: Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing   Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 11:59 am

Just like the others, I'm sorry that it took me this long to say thank you properly for everything that you have done for the fandom.

We quite understand your decision, although it saddens us that it has come to this.

Nevertheless, our endless thanks for your efforts have been long overdue. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yannen.livejournal.com/
Suzume-No-Kumo
Webmaster
Webmaster
Suzume-No-Kumo

PostSubject: Re: Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing   Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 1:58 pm

S'Ub~en~Ciel is on again. We are sorry that there was the need of such a drastic action, but I hope you all understand why we did it.
As a result we improved our site, because many people said that there should be a more convenient way of saying thank you. So I did some work and now you can just type in your Nickname and leave it under the file as a thanks.
I hope you noticed that we could just do this, because we heard of it from you. So we still need your comments even if a thank you is very nice.

With the new function we have at least some information about who is loading. So please don't change your Nickname every file. Also please don't spam or say thanks with more than one Nick. We can't and don't want to controll this (sure we will delete spam) in order to make it easiest for you to say thanks. If there will be misuse of this function we will draw our conclusions...

So thank you again, especially all the ones who told us not to stop. You are the reason we are doing what we are doing.
Stay tuned and load our files! (And don't forget your comments^^)

PS: Please note that the links to the filepages need to be redone, because now they are php not html as a result of the new function.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yannen
level 0
level 0
yannen

PostSubject: Re: Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing   Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 11:25 am

Thank you very much for giving us a second chance! And for including a very neat and convenient feature to say thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yannen.livejournal.com/
steffibj
L'Arc~o~Zilla
L'Arc~o~Zilla
steffibj

PostSubject: Re: Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing   Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 12:35 pm

you are amazing suzume ^^

do you know what? my internet is working *but i think this will only be the case for some days* i smashed my w-lan stick against the wall and it is working now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suzume-No-Kumo
Webmaster
Webmaster
Suzume-No-Kumo

PostSubject: Re: Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing   Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 12:52 pm

does this has anything to do with the thread steffi???^^

and yes I guess it was a good thing to make this feature
it's quite well used in just one day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing   Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stopping Fansubbing - [Update] we will continue subbing
Page 1 of 1